Alysianne Bui d'Armagnac, widely known as Alyzian, is a French Concept and UI Artist who has been working for DONTNOD since the beginning of the production of Life is Strange. She then worked on DONTNOD's recent game, Vampyr, which was released in June 2018, designing some of its UI elements such as its icons and the base of each UI screen before these were finalized by fellow UI artist, Estelle Leydier. She is currently working on Life is Strange 2.
Life and Career Edit
Alyzian's parents were both artists, which influenced her becoming an artist herself. She started drawing around the age of 10.
Some of Alyzian's illustrations for Life is Strange were drawn by hand; others were scanned and worked on digitally. She started with traditional pencil drawings before going all digital from Episode 2.
Concept Art Edit
Life is Strange 2 Edit
As well as her usual duties as a Concept Artist for DONTNOD's Life is Strange series, Alyzian created the storyboard, painting, VFX, and montage for the wolf brothers' story that serves as the intro to the second episode.
- Her artist's name "Alyzian" is an americanized form of her first name, Alysianne.
- Alyzian was wrongly credited in the Limited Edition artbook featuring her art. Her last name was written with "y" instead of "i" ("Buy").
- Some of the coffee/cocoa stains in Max's journal were digitally scanned cocoa stains from her own desk spillages.
- Alyzian gathered inspirational ideas for Max's journal on a Pinterest board she created.
- Blackwell Podcast Episode 37 - Alyzian (March 3, 2017)