Max Caulfield attends the party with Chloe Price in order to find Nathan Prescott as they believe he is dangerous and could be planning to hurt somebody. Depending on the player's choices, Max can warn Victoria Chase that she could be in danger and not to trust Nathan. If Victoria believes Max, she will tell Mr. Jefferson and end up in the Dark Room in the next episode, "Polarized".
Mr. Jefferson announces the winner of the Everyday Heroes Contest at the party, which turns out to be Victoria.
- Dana Ward, Courtney Wagner and Taylor Christensen are the ones acclaiming Mr. Jefferson just before he starts his speech:
Dana: "Ah Mr. Jefferson! Sexy! Oh..."
Courtney: "Great Mr. Jefferson *giggles*, you're so hot!"
Taylor: "You're so hot!"
- The game files confirm that Stella is the one booing Victoria during her speech "you suck Victoria!"
- The theme of the party is an obvious allusion to what is about to happen in Episode 5.
- Mr. Jefferson's speech at the very end of the party after he got the microphone back from Victoria is completely drowned out by the music. Here is what he says: "Thank you Victoria. And speaking of Kate, you're all aware this party was almost cancelled because of what happened this week. But the administration wisely decided that you deserved this gathering and the Vortex Club has done so much for Blackwell. Beware that everything you do tonight is under heightened scrutiny. And basically you need to act like responsible adults here. So now that the old man has spoken, please enjoy yourselves tonight. It is the perfect October night for a wicked pool party. Class dismissed!"
- The flyers for the party can be seen frequently on Blackwell noticeboards during the first three episodes. There is even one in David's garage, which he probably used in his investigation.