Life is Strange Remastered is a five-part episodic adventure game that sets out to revolutionize story-based choice and consequence games. The game approaches real world issues and problematic situations such as depression, bullying, suicide, domestic violence, mental illness and the loss of loved ones. It was originally developed by DONTNOD Entertainment and published by Square Enix. The remaster is being developed by Deck Nine Games.
The original developers, DONTNOD, describe the game as a nostalgic coming-of-age story that combines the present with the past, creating key moments for each episode.
- For more information about the game's story, setting, original development history and trivia, please visit this page.
- Remastered visuals across characters and environments
- Vastly improved character animation using full facial mocap performance
- Updated and refined gameplay puzzles
- Engine and lighting upgrades
- Choice and consequence driven story with multiple endings
- Harness the power of Max’s rewind ability to change the course of events
- Distinct licensed soundtrack & original scores
"Experience the BAFTA award-winning story of Life is Strange now beautifully remastered with enhanced visuals and vastly improved animation using mocap technology.
Play as Max Caulfield, a photography senior who discovers she can rewind time while saving her best friend Chloe Price from a violent altercation.
The pair soon find themselves investigating the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber, uncovering a dark side to life in Arcadia Bay. Meanwhile, Max must quickly learn that changing the past can sometimes lead to a devastating future."
- For information about the game's early/original development by DONTNOD, please visit here.
Announcement and Reveal
On March 18, 2021, during the "Square Enix Presents" Spring 2021 livestream that took place at 10am PDT / 5pm GMT, news of two remastered editions from the Life is Strange franchise was revealed. Both Life is Strange Season 1 by DONTNOD and Before the Storm by Deck Nine Games will be remastered for a Fall 2021 release, but was delayed to February 1st, 2022.
|OS: TBC||OS: TBC|
|Processor: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system||Processor: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system|
|Memory: TBC||Memory: TBC|
|DirectX: TBC||DirectX: TBC|
|Hard Drive: TBC||Hard Drive: TBC|