The Madsen Household[note 1] is the home of David Madsen, Joyce Price and her daughter Chloe Price. It is the previous residence of William Price before his untimely death. Max Caulfield revisits the house when she is reunited with Chloe. The house is signed under Joyce's name.
The address is 44 Cedar Avenue, Arcadia Bay, Oregon.
The house is explorable during "Chrysalis" and "Chaos Theory". An alternative version of the ground floor is also explorable at the end of "Chaos Theory", thanks to Max travelling back to her childhood. Both alternate and normal versions of the house are fully explorable in "Dark Room".
The house has two bedrooms, including Chloe's room and Joyce and David's room, one bathroom, an open plan kitchen-living room, a back yard and a garage, mostly used by David. There are also some storage rooms which are not open to Max, including another ground floor room by the front door.
In the alternative version, the garage has been partially transformed into a downstairs bedroom for Chloe, leaving her upstairs bedroom abandoned.
- For the Price Household in 2008, click here.
The following is what Max wrote about the Madsen Household in her diary:
Going back to Chloe's old house for the first time in five years was like the ultimate rewind. Some things were obviously different, but some things weren't. The house smelled exactly the same as it did when we were growing up.
The house is half-painted blue, and is falling slowly into disrepair. It is obvious that the family has no time or desire to fix up the house. However, the paint job is finished in the alternative timeline, showing that William cares more about the house than David.
Max looks at a huge carpet stain in the front room, and reminisces about her and Chloe spilling some of Joyce's wine. The two girls were unable to get the stain out despite scrubbing frantically. There is also a reference made to this by William in "Chaos Theory", when he tells the girls "No Chloe and Max wine tasting sessions!".
Outside, Max remarks that the old Barbecue is unused; probably because it was William who used to man it at backyard barbecues in the household. Max can also use the swing in the backyard two times and reveal some extra info about her and Chloe's time together.
- See here for all interactions in the game. Hover over the text to see Max's comments.
- Max can look at the mail."Doesn't look the "Price" family is rolling in dough these days..."
- She can try to open the locked garage door."Nope. Someone locked it from the other side."
- She can look at and play a message on the answering machine."I love that they have the same old answering machine. And there's a message..."
- She can look at the family photos."Now this is the Chloe I remember... always smiling and laughing... not so much anymore."
- She can look at several books in the living room."I guess they're aging these books."
- She can toggle the kitchen light switch.
- She can turn on and off the TV in the living room.
- She can look at a jar labeled "Travel Money"."Oh, I'd love to go to Paris too. At this rate they'll be lucky to get to Portland."
- She can look at several photos of Joyce on the refrigerator.Two Whales Diner. Best damn burgers in Arcadia. I better get one soon.""Joyce still works at
- She can read a food magazine."Yum. That looks tasty. I do miss Joyce's cooking..."
- She can look at a wine stain on the living room carpet.
and we scrubbed forever, but it never came out. We got so busted!""Hey, I remember that stain! Chloe and I knocked over Joyce's wine bottle,
- She can look out the window"How many times did Joyce yell at us from this window?"
- She can look at a picture of a dead deer."If I took this picture the deer would be standing on your ass."
- She can look at and sit on the living room couch to have a Moment of Calm."Damn, it's the couch! We used to pretend it was a pirate ship... Looks like a shipwreck now."
- She can open the sliding door leading to the backyard.
In the backyard,
- She can look at the old barbecue.
I wonder if he was the last one to use this...""William used to grill awesome burgers for us.
- She can look at a drawing done by her and Chloe."That took Chloe and me the whole day to draw. It's almost invisible now."
- She can look at Bongo's grave."We made this grave for Chloe's kitty. Poor Bongo. He never saw that car coming..."
- She can look at and have a Moment of Calm on the swing."Oh, I loved this swing. William made it just for me and Chloe."
- Max can look at a picture of Arcadia Bay."„You can't go home again,“ said Thomas Wolfe. But... here I am."
- She can look at several books on a bookshelf."These books have not been touched since the last decade. I see why."
- She can look out the window."Nothing's changed. Except for me and Chloe."
- She can open the door to Joyce and David's room. (See "This must be Chloe's parents room... Man, I am nosey today..."here for the interactions)
- She can toggle the light switch in the bathroom. (See here for the interactions)
Episode Three - "Chaos Theory" Edit
- Max can look at a picture of Arcadia Bay."Nobody in this town has a fucking clue as to what's happening... or do they?"
- She can look out the window."For everybody else in the neighborhood it's just another morning..."
- She can look at the door of Joyce and David's room."I better not go in there... David might be in bed. Ew."
- She can enter Chloe's room.
- She can enter the bathroom.
- Max can look at a leaflet labeled "The End is Now"."This might be the one time these people are right..."
- She can look at the family photos.
- She can look at the answering machine."Looks like a message..."
- She can also play and erase the message on the answering machine.
Erase after listening: "Goodbye message. I think Chloe has earned a break from all this bullshit."Erase without listening: "Oops. I hope that message wasn't for Joyce or Chloe..."
- She can look at and speak to Joyce."Joyce looks so different in her street clothes."
- She can look at the refrigerator."I love that they still have the same refrigerator..."
- Max will be able to open the refrigerator if she chooses eggs and bacon as breakfast."I should evolve and become a vegan but... Huh, bacon."
- She can look at a package of cereals."Wowser, Chloe still eats the same cereal... So do I..."
- She can open and close a window in the living room."I keep expecting to see the sky turn red..."
- She can look at and scare away a yellow bird in the living room.
Scare: "Bird, begone! Fly, you fool!"Look: "Oh, look at the poor bird... He seems kind of freaked out..."
- She can read an issue of The Independent.
Kate dead: Kate's life was sure worth a nice exploitive headline."Kate alive: "Oh man, I don't want to be famous for this..."
- She can look at a beer bottle on the living room table."Who drinks beer this early around here?"
- She can look at and eat her breakfast.
Pancakes: "Now that's what I call pancakes!"Bacon: "Bring those eggs and bacon to my belly!"
- She can open the backyard sliding door.
- She can look at several dead birds"Three dead birds lined up... That's fucking ominous."and use the swing in the backyard.
Note: Click here to view the alternative timeline interactions.
- Max can look at a picture of Arcadia Bay."This might be the last poster advertising Arcadia Bay after tomorrow night…"
- She can open the window and look out of it."It's such a warm beautiful day. How could a killer storm just pop up tomorrow?"
- She can look at the door of Joyce and David's room."Since David might be in there, I better mosey along for a change."
- She can enter Chloe's room.
- She can toggle the bathroom light switch.
- Max can look at the family photos."David isn't any different from me when he's looking at those family photos."
- She can look at the front door of the house.
Sided with David: "I give up William, but defend David... Would Chloe hate me if she knew?"Sided with Chloe: "I helped Joyce lose William, and now David."
- She can read an issue of the Arcadia Bay Beacon newspaper."To think this all started with my vision of a tornado…"
- She can look at and repair the clock in the living room.
Repair: "Oh... there's a ladybug stuck in the dials."
After repairing: "Time keeps on ticking."Look: "Did I actually cause that clock to stop?"
- She can look at the TV in the kitchen."Those poor whales are like beached angels. What is going on here?"
- She can look at the "Travel Money" jar."Looks like they’re back on the road to Paris."
- She can look at the fireplace.
like William. "Max the Time Bandit" strikes again.""My butterfly sketch doesn't exist in this timeline...
- She can open the backyard sliding door.
- Max can look at the unpainted exterior of the house in the backyard."William never finished painting that wall…"
- She can look at several dead birds in the backyard.
Sided with David: "David even made sure to bag up the dead birds…"Sided with Chloe: "Poor birds... I guess David wasn't in the mood to clean up."
If Max sided with Chloe, she will be able to look at:
- A piece of paper with David's hotel room number on it."Looks like David already booked a room."
- A note for David by Joyce on the refrigerator."Ouch."
- A crumpled-up photo of Joyce and David's wedding in the living room."Joyce must be so upset... Are you helping anybody, Max?"
If Max sided with David:
- She will find a bill from an expensive restaurant in the living room."The most expensive restaurant in town? David knows how to get on Joyce's good side."
- The note from Joyce will be different."Joyce really wants David and Chloe to be a family."
- In the garage, David's license plate reads "TRDTCTV". It is a reference to True Detective.
- Before departing to Seattle, Max lived approximately half a mile (800 meters) away from Chloe's house.
- All the flowers in the house are dead in the main timeline. They are alive in the alternative timeline.
- On the living room table in Episode 3, when Max heads downstairs for breakfast, there is a light blue mug that says "No1 Dad." The design looks old and faded, and it is possible that Chloe had bought this for William as it seems unlikely that she would have bought David a mug like this. (The mug is not seen at any other time in the game.)
- The coordinates for the house correspond to the middle of Tillamook Bay, Oregon as with most coordinates in Life is Strange.
- ↑ Madsen, due to Joyce taking David's name. She probably would like to move on from William and the name would remind her of her grief for him.
Life is Strange Locations
|Arcadia Bay · ACFC Drive-Thru · American Rust Junkyard (Hideout) · Cemetery · Chloe's Truck · Police Department · Beach · Blackwell Academy · Frank's RV · Gas Station · Hospital · Lighthouse · Madsen Household (Bedroom · Chloe's Room · Garage · Bathroom) · Pan Estates · Prescott Barn (Dark Room) · McFlinn · Prescott Estate · Water Tower · Train Tracks · Rue Altimore · Harbor Inn · Two Whales Diner · Up All Nite Donuts|
|Hallway · Main Campus · Parking Lot · Photography Lab · Prescott Dormitory · Principal Wells' Office · Science Lab · Swimming Pool|
|Max's Room · Dana's Room · Kate's Room · Victoria's Room · Nathan's Room · Custodial Room|
|Alternative Beach · Alternative Price Household (Garage) · Bean Hip Cafe · Kroft Gallery · Plane · Zeitgeist Gallery|