Raoul Barbet is a freelance director who has been working for DONTNOD Entertainment since 2011. He is one of the two Creative/Game Directors responsible for the Life is Strange franchise and is currently working on Season 2 as well as The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit. He is also supervising the music department of the developers team.
Raoul Barbet has a background in film and audiovisuals.
From 2008 to 2010, he worked on Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain as Game Designer/Builder and Motion Capture Technician.
Joining Dontnod Entertainment in 2011, he worked on their first game Remember Me as Game / Cinematic / Narrative Designer.
Starting from 2013, he's been working on the Life is Strange games as Writer, Co-Director and Designer.
- Raoul has a background in film which heavily influenced the appearance and execution of Life is Strange Season 1.
- Raoul on interactive storytelling: "I find it a lot harder to make a game than a movie, because you have to keep that in mind: interactivity makes things difficult."
- Raoul's cute little dog signature is present on Max Caulfield's pencil case that we first see in Episode 1 in Mark Jefferson's classroom. It is unknown whether he drew it on the pencil case texture himself or whether somebody on the art team drew it on his behalf.
- "Max and Chloe's story is done": Life is Strange devs talk the future, success, and the importance of diversity (January 22, 2016)
External Links Edit
- ↑ Charity Live stream that mentions Raoul's background in film at 01:44:24.
- ↑ Jeu vidéo : « L’émotion est plus dure à amener, mais l’interactivité peut la décupler »(June 25, 2018)
- ↑ Japanese article (June 19, 2018)
- ↑ DÉCOUVREZ NOTRE INTERVIEW DES DÉVELOPPEURS DE LIFE IS STRANGE 2 (August 26, 2018)