- For Max Caulfield's journal from the original game, see Max's Journal.
- For Chloe Price's journal from the prequel game, see Chloe's Journal.
Sean's Sketchbook records Sean Diaz's experiences throughout the events of Life is Strange 2. Sean draws sketches and makes comments based on recent events and his surroundings, some of which change depending on choices. At certain points in the game, Sean can optionally sit and draw sketches of his surroundings, which he adds to his sketchbook upon completion. Sean's sketchbook is primarily filled with sketches instead of text, as opposed to the journal/letters in Life is Strange and Before the Storm.
- 1 Prologue
- 2 Episode One - "Roads"
- 3 Episode Two - "Rules"
- 3.1 Entry #26
- 3.2 Entry #27
- 3.3 Entry #28
- 3.4 Entry #29
- 3.5 Entry #30
- 3.6 Entry #31
- 3.7 Entry #32
- 3.8 Entry #33
- 3.9 Entry #34
- 3.10 Entry #34a (ripped out)
- 3.11 Entry #35
- 3.12 Entry #36
- 3.13 Entry #37
- 3.14 Entry #38
- 3.15 Entry #39
- 3.16 Entry #40
- 3.17 Entry #41
- 3.18 Entry #42
- 3.19 Entry #43
- 3.20 Entry #44
- 3.21 Entry #45
- 3.22 Entry #46
- 3.23 Entry #47
- 3.24 Entry #48
- 3.25 Entry #49
- 3.26 Entry #50
- 3.27 Entry #51
- 3.28 Entry #52
- 4 Episode Three - "Wastelands"
- 4.1 Entry #53
- 4.2 Entry #54
- 4.3 Entry #55
- 4.4 Entry #56
- 4.5 Entry #57
- 4.6 Entry #58
- 4.7 Entry #59
- 4.8 Entry #60
- 4.9 Entry #61
- 4.10 Entry #62
- 4.11 Entry #63
- 4.12 Entry #64
- 4.13 Entry #65
- 4.14 Entry #66
- 4.15 Entry #67
- 4.16 Entry #68
- 4.17 Entry #69
- 4.18 Entry #70
- 4.19 Entry #71
- 4.20 Entry #72
- 4.21 Entry #73
- 4.22 Entry #74
- 4.23 Entry #75
- 4.24 Entry #76
- 4.25 Entry #77
- 4.26 Entry #78
- 4.27 Entry #79
- 4.28 Entry #80
- 5 Episode Four - "Faith"
- 6 Episode Five - "Wolves"
- 7 Determinant Drawings
- 8 Bookmarks
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Notes
- 12 References
I hope you'll work wonders with this new sketchbook.
OK, RIGHT... I'll leave the art to you and go back to my engines.
Labor FUCKING day!!!
Chef Diaz breaks out final grill of the summer
Baseball is for losers HI DAD I CAN SEE YOU
This one was a real PAIN in the ass today.
|coyote & iguana of approval
I'AM NOT A PITA
|SEPT 7TH 2016
Back to Hell High
Slow Susan late af
Thank G*d for Lyla and her silly jokes
|SEPT 17TH 2016
OLLIE OLLIE OXEN FREE MOTHERFUCKERS!!
|SEPT 25th 2016
Sunday Game-y Sunday
|Twisted Sun Productions presents
|That guy was such a dog lol amirite??
- Sharon that's fucking racist.
Lyla's best face
|OCT 20th 2016
American Horror Debate 2016
|OCT 25th 2016
L: WTFs wrong w Mrs. W today? She sooo hostile
Thaaaaaat'll beeeeeee 200$
|OCT 28th 2016
HALLOWEED PARTY @ ERIC'S
Episode One - "Roads"
|(Optional drawing #1: Sean's Room.)|
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
|OCT 29th 2016
Need to keep on drawing so I don't go crazy—
|(Optional drawing #2: Mount Rainier National Park.)|
|OCT 30th 2016
Daniel was OKDaniel cool for now.
Daniel got sickSo stupid... Daniel got sick.
Daniel had nightmaresPoor Daniel is freaking out
+ He has no clue about dad
|Miss you Dad|
|OCT 31st 2016
|OCT 31st 2016
Hellow real world.
Sean bought itemsAlmost broke but needed those supplies.
Sean stoleTried my best to save some $ ...Not too proud but had no choice.
Sean stole and Daniel begged
Tried my best to save some $ ...Not too proud but had no choice.Are we THIEVES now? And BEGGARS??
Now to check out how lost we are.
WEIRDO but cool—
Doris got along with SeanShe was kinda OK... almost nice.
Doris was suspicious of SeanNosy bitch.
Put that Fire the fuck out
Crazy racist played sheriff and trapped me in this shithole!!!
Daniel saved my ass.
WTF happened after???
Bumped into weirdo while running away.
|Feeling safe for 1st time since Seattle... Thanks to BRODY.
Also: we picked an odd Mushroom on our way out. Probably a bad idea but...
I still have to tell him...
Sacrificed ChloeNIGHT BAY
Sacrificed Arcadia BayRIP ARCADIA (FUCK TORNADOES)
|(Optional drawing #3: Three Seals Motel.)|
|Brody got us a room. He is a BOSS
He even left us some cash... Sure hope we meet again one day...
Chilling a bit. Been ages
Sean called Lyla
"I miss you so much... Maybe you could come back..."
Sean didn't call Lyla
Now phone went out for a midnight swim.
Whats happening to Daniel...
Same thing in Seattle?!
What will I do???
|NOV 1ST 2016
On the road again...
Then... Puerto Lobos.
Episode Two - "Rules"
|NOV 1st 2016
Need $$$ and supplies before we head to Puerto Lobos.
NO fucking idea how we'll handle this.
VERYBUS - Taking you where you want to be.
We're getting off next station,
|NOV 2nd 2016
Charity thrift store in some town SW of Albany (?).
Harry was cool.
Slept in someone's backyard shed.
The sock walk!
|NOV 3rd 2016
Sleeping in a shelter.
Fake names. They didn't seem to give a fuck.
|NOV 4th 2016
Crackhead at the shelter almost snatched our stuff last night.
Heading out for the forest again.
I'm so tired.
NOV 4th 2016
Hitchhiked along Hwy 20.
Geologist on the way to Mt Jefferson picked us up. Not big on talking.
Told her we were on a survivalist trip...
|NOV 7th 2016
|NOV 8th 2016
~ 1 mile away
|NOV 8th 2016
Nearest town is 15 miles away across the forest. No way I can commute there everyday.
Sean stole in "Roads"
Managed to steal canned food from a couple stores.
Sean didn't steal in "Roads"
Went dumpster diving near a supermarket. JACKPOT.
Minute noodles x6
Think we can last +/- 2 weeks on these.
|NOV 9th 2016
Found my way back!
NOV 15th 2016
Entry #34a (ripped out)
|(Found in Daniel's Lair.)
|NOV 16th 2016
No Crew without a Captain, and no Captain without a Ship
Ship = 6
When the Ship, the Captain and the Crew are complete,
Player with the highest Loot over 20 wins the game.
DAN & SHROOM adventures
|NOV 17th 2016
He did it!
Sean / Daniel
|NOV 23rd 2016
Back to town today. Walked slower with the snow...
Scavenged in trash. Found tons of good stuff.
NOV 24th 2016
|NOV 25th 2016
Will go easy on the outside training until he feels better.
NOV 26th 2016
Might need to go back in town soon for some medicine...
BC = 30 mile walk in the snow... ???
|NOV 28th 2016
Sean has been a good role model
Sean / Daniel
Bad role model
Sean / Daniel
How can this kid win EVERY time at DICE GAME? -_-
|DEC 1st 2016
HUGE progress today:
Daniel getting worse.
|(Optional drawing #4: Outside of the abandoned house.)
|DEC 2 2016
Scared off cougarSorry Pup...
Daniel killed cougar
Daniel went nuts. Scary.
|DEC 3 2016
Had to carry Daniel for over 2 miles.
|DEC 5 2016
Dan getting better.
Been hanging out with C&S a lot.
They're walking on eggshells not to talk about Seattle... or Karen.
|DEC 6 2016
|DEC 7th 2016
"ain't no chill for the wicked"
|DEC 9th 2016|
|(Optional drawing #5: The Reynolds' living room.)|
|DEC 10th 2016
WHAT THE HELL DANIEL.
|(Optional drawing #6: Christmas Market.)
Chris will ask you to add something funny, so you can decide to add either a UFO or zombies to your drawing.
|DEC 11th 2016
Daniel really fucked up this time.
Told Daniel to stop lyingHe has to set things straight with that kid.
Told Daniel to keep the secretHe gotta learn to keep his mouth shut.
The Silver RunnerTHE SPIRIT SQUAD ft. The Silver Runner
El Diazblo LocoTHE SPIRIT SQUAD ft. El Diazblo Loco
Professor DiazTHE SPIRIT SQUAD ft. Professor Diaz
Sean didn't give a nameTHE SPIRIT SQUAD
|DEC 11th 2016
Not really in the mood for Xmas, but
Episode Three - "Wastelands"
|DEC 11th 2016
My brain hurts.
Told the truth
If we stayed, no way the cops would just let Claire and Stephen take care of us.
Chris was saved
Now he's mad that he lied to Chris about having powers.
He thinks it's my fault about Chris. I just tried to protect him
Sorry we lied buddy...Weehoo away
Chris was hit
Disobeyed SeanHe thinks it's his fault about Chris. Why did he lie to him about having powers? and to me??
Obeyed SeanNow he blames me for Chris. What else could I do? Only tried to watch out for my brother
PLEASE let Chris be okay. Maybe it's time to start praying—PLEASE PLEASE BE OKAY
Daniel used his power to help Stephen"I wish you could stay here with us..."
Lifted together"I wish we could have helped you"
|DEC 12th 2016
The snow is gone.
Welcome to California
California, here we come.
|DEC 12th 2016
|DEC 17th 2016
We finally hit Northern California.
Sean previously stoleYes, we had to steal food. Sorry.
Didn't stealWe had to dumpster dive for food.
Looked for any work. Met a weird guy who said we can get work on a local farm even if we don't have any ID.
I know why. But no choice.
At least we found a shelter.
Didn't stealThe comeback!!
|People on the farm are cool, they don't ask questions.
Grunt work won't get us to Puerto Lobos tho.
Make your choice
|Crazy how many missing person posters there are everywhere.
WTF is wrong with this region??
|Burgers for Xmas Eve.
First xmas without Dad.
Eats like a lil piggy
|Stacking up, one $ at a time.
Putting up fences, nailing shit.
Happy New Year 2017
|Need to practice more.
I miss paint.
|Bored AF. Doodle time
"Monsters got soft nerds too"
|Got kicked off the ranch and the MOTHERFUCKER only paid me half!!!! WTF??
He told me to call the police or get lost.
|Daniel wanted to see the ocean so we hitchhiked to Arcata.
We got this now. Easy ride.
Hippie ground zero.
|Would vampires suck bloodshot eyes as mini cocktail sausages???
¿FUCK THE WHAT?
She's so cool and different. From planet zerofucksgiven.
"Life ain't all smirks and giggles"
My arms hurt from work but getting strong. Need more sleep.
I think she likes me?
Shit that looks lethal.
|Finn, the green philosopher
Leader of the group?
Like hanging around with him though.
|It's fun to draw Hannah and Penny.
They look like anti fashion icons from Santa Fe and Detroit.
I think Hannah hates my guts? She's older and thinks I'm a fake.
Penny has a theory for EVERYTHING.
Feels good to make money everyday and save up.
|Met the new workers from Europe. Anders and Ingred. Or Ingrid?
Cute couple. Makes me want to travel overseas. Someday...
Episode 3 (original)
23rd Feb 2017.
Episode 4 (Jacob's addition)
23rd Feb 2017.
|(Optional drawing #7: Camp.)|
|23rd Feb 2017
Agents 420, gimme Hawt Dawgs!
Cassidy the Wild VS Hannah the Wise
|(Optional drawing #8: Cassidy or Finn.)|
≃2 storey house shit
Akiraniel is freaking me out.
|(Optional drawing #9: Campfire.)
If Sean is intoxicated (by drinking or smoking), his drawing will be affected.
|Depression night; everyone shared their worst memory, everyone felt like shit.
What a wonderful world.
Stayed and got a haircut
Got a new haircut tonight!
Went to bed
Went to bed early again with Daniel.
|24th Feb 2017.
FUCK FUCK FUCK
Episode Four - "Faith"
|Date: MAR 26th 2017
Was in a coma for weeks!!!
|MAR 30th 2017
Tried to draw to kill time - this room is like a cage.
|APR 3rd 2017
Special Secret Agent Flores.
|APR 11th 2017
Happy Birthday Daniel.
|APR 15th 2017
Claire and Stephen sent me a nice letter.
Entry #86[note 1]
|APR 20th 2017
Finn by our camp fire.
Wish I could hear Cass play again.
|APR 25th 2017
I fucked Daniel up.
|May 9th 2017
Flores tried to frame me... again.
|(Optional Drawing #10: Sacred Hope Hospital.)|
Snuck out window
Snuck out of the hospital through the window... wasn't easy with only 1 eye. Didn't realize how fucking high up I was! Maybe it helped...
Had to knock Joey out so I could escape. He was my only ally. I'll never forgive myself. But now I know I can stab a friend in the back to save my own ass...
Had to knock Joey out so I could sneak out of the hospital. He's a true ally. I can never thank him enough for agreeing to help me escape...
Knocked out guard
Had to knock the guard officer out so I could escape.
Spoke to Finn
Bumped into Finn on my way down the scaffolding.
Didn't speak to FinnI'm so not fit for the trip. Headaches are killing me. Have no cash, no nothing. Chased by so many ghosts.
BUT gotta focus on what's most important:
|So so hard to drive...
Fucking miracle I haven't been in a wreck yet.
Got beaten up
Racist dickheads beat the shit out of me because I wouldn't let them humiliate me.
Didn't get beaten up
Let racist dickheads humiliate me so they wouldn't beat the shit out of me.
My only priority is Daniel.
|(Optional Drawing #11: Nevada Desert.)|
|May 11th 2017
Went with Anton
Got picked up by a trucker not far away from Haven Point.
Accepted the sandwich
Even hooked me up with a sandwich.
Declined the sandwich
Faith in humanity = Somehow restored
Didn't go with Anton
Walking the remaining miles to Haven Point... through the desert.
|Okay. Daniel has been brainwashed by a cult.
He wants to stay with them and I fucked up with this Reverend. I just fell right into her trap.
|(Optional Drawing #12: Sand Snake Motel.)|
|Karen wants to talk.
Cut conversation short
I'm not sure I do.
Heard her out
It's hard but I'm trying to hear her out.
Episode Five - "Wolves"
|We got Daniel...finally.
The freak guru can go to HELL now.
|Date: May 15 2017
Karen lives in a derest commune.
|Date: May 29th 2017
Daniel's still feeling so confused.
|Date: June 3rd 2017
Total trip to live with Karen.
|Date: June 8th 2017
Daniel's power is no secret here.
|Date: June 10th 2017
So, this place AWAY is what you make it.
|Date: June 15th 2017
Arthur and Stanley live in one of the only proper houses in town. They built it together 10 years ago, from ruins of their past lives.
|Date: June 17th 2017
Got a letter from Cass today. Feels good.
|This place makes me want to draw.
Could stare at these canyons forever.
|Date: June 30th 2017
Daniel needs to vent out.
|Date: July 1st 2017
Karen told us about a cool camping spot.
|Date: July 2nd 2017
|Date: July 2nd 2017
Be art, do crimes.
|Date: July 2nd 2017
Our last night Away.
|Date: July 3rd 2017
Quick pause to drink and think.
- In Entry #14, the amount of money Sean writes down depends on how much he received from Esteban and whether he stole or put money back into the kitchen jar.
- In Entry #16, the text and drawing will vary depending on Daniel's mood and whether he was taught to skip stones.
- In Entry #19, the text will vary depending on how Sean got supplies (paying > stealing > begging). Additionally, what Sean writes alongside his drawing of Doris Stamper depends on whether or not he provided a decent excuse for being at the gas station.
- In Entry #21, either a drawing of a tombstone or the text "Night Bay" next to a lighthouse will appear depending on Arcadia Bay's fate, which was either chosen by the player or randomized at the start of the game.
- In Entry #22, Sean's drawing concerning Lyla Park will change depending on whether he decided to call her.
- In Entry #27, the Raccoon jumper is drawn if Sean stole from Hank in Episode 1. Otherwise, he will draw the clothes he found for Daniel at the thrift store.
- In Entry #32, the text will vary depending on Sean's inclination to steal.
- In Entry #39, the text and drawing concerning Daniel will change depending on Sean's behavior towards others in Episode 1.
- In Entry #42, the text will vary on whether Daniel used his powers to recover Mushroom.
- In Entry #48, the drawing will feature the characters in the room at the time Sean sketches.
- In Entry #50, Chris will ask Sean to add something to his sketch.
- In Entry #51, the text reflects the major choice on how Daniel should handle Chris, and a mini-sketch of Sean's superhero persona.
- In Entry #53, Sean's drawing of and text about Chris will change depending on whether Daniel was told to tell the truth, whether he did so, and whether he saved Chris from the car if he didn't.
- In Entry #54, Sean's quote above his grandparents will change depending on whether Daniel used his powers to help Stephen.
- In Entry #58, Sean's drawing and text will change depending on whether he is inclined towards stealing.
- In Entry #76, Sean can choose to draw either Cassidy or Finn.
- In Entry #78, Sean's drawing will be affected if he is too intoxicated (indicated by blurry vision).
- In Entry #79, Sean's drawing and text will change depending on whether he chose to go with Daniel or stay at the campfire.
- In Entry #86, Sean will write about whomever he kissed in Episode 3 (Finn, Cassidy, both, or neither).
- In Entry #87, the text will vary depending on whether Finn was killed in the final confrontation with Merrill.
- In Entry #89, Sean can choose to add a staircase or prison bars to his drawing.
- In Entry #90, the text and drawing will change depending on how Sean escapes from the hospital and whether he speaks to Finn.
- In Entry #92, the text will change depending on the result of Sean's confrontation with Chad.
- In Entry #93, Sean can choose to add an oasis or hellhounds to his drawing.
- In Entry #94, the text and drawing will vary depending on whether Sean walks to Haven Point or gets into Anton's truck and accepts or declines the sandwich.
- In Entry #96, the text and drawing reflect Sean's choice to hear Karen out, cut the conversation short, or be hard on her.
Sean keeps a list of bookmarked pages that can be accessed from the left-hand sliding menu. This list consists of pages that depict or concern key characters he has met along his journey, as well as his optional drawings.
- Dad (Entry #1)
- Jenn (Entry #4)
- Lyla (Entry #10)
- Brody (Entry #21)
- Claire and Stephen (Entry #46)
- Chris (Entry #49)
- Cassidy (Entry #68)
- Finn (Entry #69)
- Ingrid & Anders, Jacob (Entry #71)
- Joey (Entry #85)
- My room (Entry #12)
- River spot (Entry #15)
- Motel break (Entry #22)
- The cabin (Entry #41)
- Grandparents' house (Entry #48)
- Christmas market (Entry #50)
- Calm morning (Entry #74)
- Drifters (Entry #76)
- Fire camp (Entry #78)
- Sacred Hope (Entry #89)
- Mirages (Entry #93)
- Sand Snake Motel (Entry #95)
- At the time of the game's release, the bookmark menu was toggleable and hidden by default. With the release of the second episode, the bookmark menu is now always present on the side of the screen and cannot be toggled off.
- It is possible to receive both entries in one playthrough. It is also possible for the entry to be omitted if Sean chose not to pursue anyone romantically in Episode 3.