Five years prior to the events of Life is Strange, in 2008, protagonist Max Caulfield left her home town Arcadia Bay to move to Seattle with her family, leaving her best friend, Chloe Price, behind. In Seattle, Max went to a new school and befriended two locals, Kristen and Fernando.
- Ryan Caulfield (Season 1) - Moved with his family from Arcadia Bay to pursue a new job in 2008.
- Vanessa Caulfield (Season 1) - Moved with her family from Arcadia Bay in 2008.
- Lyla Park (Season 2) - Lives within walking distance of the Diaz household.
- Yu-jin Park (Season 2) - Lives with her daughter within walking distance of the Diaz household.
- Brett Foster (Season 2) - Lives next door to the Diaz household.
- Scott Foster (Season 2) - Lives next door to the Diaz household.
- Victoria Chase (Season 2, determinant) - Moved back to Seattle to look after her parents' art gallery after being rescued from the Dark Room by David Madsen.
- Max Caulfield (Season 1) - Moved with her parents from Arcadia Bay at the age of 13 before moving back at age 18 to attend Blackwell Academy.
- Victoria Chase (Season 1) - Lived with her parents in Seattle before moving to Arcadia Bay to attend Blackwell Academy.
- Sean Diaz (Season 2) - Mentions having "lived in one place [his] whole life". Moved to his current house on Lewis Avenue sometime in 2006 or early 2007. Left with his brother on October 28, 2016 following their father's death.
- Daniel Diaz (Season 2) - Presumably has lived in Seattle since he was born. Left with his brother on October 28, 2016 following their father's death.
- Esteban Diaz (Season 2) - Moved with his partner to the Diaz household sometime in 2006 or early 2007, where he lived until being shot and killed by officer Kindred Matthews on October 28, 2016.
- Karen Reynolds (Season 2) - Moved with her partner from Beaver Creek to the Diaz household sometime in 2006 or early 2007, where she lived until suddenly severing ties with her family and leaving sometime in 2008 or early 2009.
Life is Strange
- A photo at the wall in Max's room shows Max with her friends Kristen and Fernando at the Fremont Troll, a public sculpture in the Fremont neighborhood in Seattle.
- While in Seattle, Max and her father used to attend matches of the local ice hockey team, the Seattle Thunderbirds.
- On a photograph with her father, Max is seen wearing a "Seattle" sweatshirt.
- Victoria Chase was born and raised in Seattle. Her family owns a famous gallery called the "Chase Space" there.
- Max's journal contains a flyer (in two pieces) for a "Bodies and Splatters" photography exhibition at the Dusk & Dawn Gallery in Seattle.
Life is Strange 2
- In an interview with Eurogamer, Michel Koch revealed that they chose to have planes flying over the Diazes' neighborhood because houses near airports tend to be less expensive due to the noise pollution, reflecting the Diaz family's middle-class status.
Life is Strange
Life is Strange 2
- ↑ "I feel like we've been living here for a lifetime. Ten years already…"
(Episode 1, "1452 Lame Avenue, Seattle" - Flavor text for the house keys in Sean's inventory.)
- ↑ "It's been eight years… Maybe it's time to move on."
(Episode 2, "Screeching Tires" - Optional dialogue during Sean's confrontation with Claire Reynolds in Karen's old room.)
- ↑ There is missing textual information from this flyer that makes it difficult for the gallery and exhibition name to be established. Journal artist Alyzian confirmed the missing information.
- ↑ "The houses which are under the flight path are not selling as much as the others," he says. Sran estimates that these houses often cost £10,000-£20,000 less than others in the surrounding area without the same problem."
BBC News - What's it like to live near an airport? (2 July 2015)
- ↑ "What's interesting in this part is, the neighborhood they're living in - basically, I think it was three or four years ago, when I was on a trip to the United States, I went to Seattle and visited a lot of the neighborhoods next to Seattle, and in one of the neighborhoods quite next to the airport, I noticed that you have those planes every few minutes or so, so that's the kind of detail we used, knowing those houses are not that expensive, so it works for the kind of family in middle-class Sean and Esteban are living in."
How Dontnod Made Life is Strange 2 - Let's Play Life is Strange 2 With Michel Koch (10:21) (17 April 2019)
Life is Strange 2 Locations
|Seattle||Diaz Household (Sean's Room · Daniel's Room · Garage) · Peacock High School · Z-Mart · The Late Bar|
|Pierce County||Mount Rainier National Park · Bear Station · Brody's Car|
|Beaver Creek||Eriksen Household (Tree House · Bathroom) · Charles' Truck · Reynolds Household (Guest Room · Main Bedroom · Karen's Room) · Christmas Market|
|Other||Otter Point · Beach · Three Seals Motel · Willamette National Forest (Old House)|
|Humboldt County||Camp (Diaz Tent · Finn's Tent · Cassidy's Tent · Hannah's Tent · Jacob's Tent · Penny's Tent · Ingrid and Anders' Tent · Parking Lot) · Lake · Pot Farm (Merrill's House)|
|Redding||Sacred Hope Hospital|
|Haven Point||Universal Uprising Church · Lisbeth's House|
|Other||Desert · Sand Snake Motel|
|Other||Canyon · El Rey Police Department|