The Universal Uprising Church is a church in Life is Strange 2 in Haven Point, Nevada. Its first appearance is in Episode 4 where Sean Diaz has traveled here to find his missing brother, Daniel Diaz. It is headed by Pastor Lisbeth Fischer.
While inside his house, Chris Eriksen can choose to pick up the ringing house phone at the request of his father, Charles Eriksen. Should he choose to do so, a man named Derek will pick up and introduce himself as a member of the church before asking Chris whether his parents are home; as Charles asks him who he's talking to, Chris hangs up mid-conversation and places the phone back on the wall.
Episode Four- "Faith"
After meeting Sarah Lee Hackerman and her father Robert Hackerman, Sean heads inside. He has the option of freshening up in the bathroom and donating money for the church. He tries to enter the main hall through the double doors but, aware that he will draw too much attention, decides to try the balcony. After Sean and Daniel's temporally reunion, Sean is forcefully thrown out by the pastor's faithful church member, Nicholas Durand to ensure that he doesn't meddle with Lisbeth's business. Sean later storms the church either with his mother or being dragged inside by Nicholas. A fire breaks out in the church during Sean and Karen's confrontation with Lisbeth, which may lead Lisbeth to be killed by either Sean or Daniel as she attempts to prevent them from escaping. The brothers manage to exit the burning church along with Karen, followed by Nicholas and Lisbeth (if still alive).
- See here for all interactions in the game. Hover over the text to see Sean's comments.
During the Miracles checkpoint:
- Sean can look at the community mailbox."Hope these people are caring Christians, like our grandparents."
- He can look at an Easter banner."Wow. Forgot about Easter... I completely lost track of time..."
- He can look at a billboard."Lose money, one way or the other."
- He can look at the parking lot outside the church."A lot of cars for a place in the middle of nowhere..."
- He can look at a "LET GO, LET GOD!" bumper sticker."Okay, now I'm totally convinced."
- He can look at a Utah license plate."Wow, must be a pretty good church to drive all this way..."
- He can look at some picnic tables to the left of the church."Wonder how many people come and go through this place..."
- He can look at a playground to the right of the church."Hmm. Must be more kids here..."
- He can try to enter through the back door of the church."That's a lot of closed doors and fences for such a small church..."
- He can look at a "CALLED AND CHOSEN" sign outside the church."Yeah, very humble."
- He can enter through the front door. (required)
- He can look at a guestbook."Why are they talking about my brother like that..."
- He can look at a pin box."Claire had pretty much the same ones. Lame marketing, guys."
- He can take a pin as a souvenir."Hey, it's for charity. Me."
- He can look at a picnic flyer."A picnic with Daniel? What's going on?"
- He can look at a "no recording" sign."Good. If Daniel is here, at least it won't go viral."
- He can attempt to enter through the main door."Shit, I will draw too much attention, better try upstairs."
- He can look at and add to the donation box.
Donate: "Okay, fine. Make me feel guilty."Look:"Wonder how donations can pay for all this..."
- He can look at some pictures on the bulletin board.
Flyer: "'Our kingdom', right... Keep it to yourselves, then."Photo: "Nice fake smile. Bet she's in charge of this community."
- He can look at a poster depicting Daniel."Wait... no way... 'The Angel Daniel'? Oh, shit."
- He can enter the bathroom, where:
- He can look in the mirror.
Wasn't beaten up: "I look like shit... hope they don't kick me out."Beaten up: "Shit, look at me... these people will freak when they see me."
- He can wash his face."Better clean up first, so I don't scare Daniel..."
- He can exit through the door.
During the Hidden Scriptures checkpoint:
- Sean can look at a billboard."She knows how to gamble, all right."
- He can look at a car with a Nevada license plate."This place feels so different when it's empty and silent..."
- If he escaped Nicholas' attention, Sean can enter through the front door to the church. (required)
Press and Publicity
From the official church website:
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW LIFE AT THE UNIVERSAL UPRISING CHURCH, HAVEN POINT!
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
Accept The Lord. Spread The Word Of Jesus. Keep Faith With The Community.
"To seek and save the lost." Luke 19:10
A MESSAGE FROM REVEREND MOTHER LISBETH FISCHER:
"As the Pastor of our Holy Church, I have devoted my life and love to the teachings of the Gospel and Our Lord. I was blessed since childhood to be given this calling and it is my privilege to spread the word and preside over this loving, righteous community of Haven Point. I look forward to meeting each and every one who seeks out our humble refuge. Together, we will begin the journey to a new life guided by the spirit of the Lord and Savior. Bless you all!"
THE HAVEN POINT COMMUNITY:
Haven Point, Nevada is a living oasis where individuals and families can live out their faith in a community dedicated to the teachings of Christ. All who share our faith are welcome to join us build a bridge to the Lord and his Eternal Estate.
- Hospitality - "Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are" 3 John 1:5
- Gratitude - "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
- Forgiveness- "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32
Online article about the church by Gazette:
A Slice Of Haven Point by Robert Neil
One of the great mysteries of Nevada is how it balances the Holy Spirit with the Holy Dollar. Few tourists travel from around the world to seek religion here, but in the tight-knit Christian community of Haven Point, Nevada, a charismatic Pastor has inspired a devout following. As she told me in an interview at her peaceful church office, Reverend Lisbeth Fischer has spent her whole life "...as a humble disciple of the Lord, feeling the call to share His love and glory in this dark age. I had a powerful experience as a child that put me on the righteous path." She smiles gently and touches my hand, "But this is not about me or my story as anybody in our wonderful church can tell you." And tell me they did. The members of The Universal Uprising Church speak with hushed awe of their Pastor and how she inspires them: "Reverend Fischer just wants to share her blessings with us," says Corey Johnson, 34, a recent addition to the congregation. "I was pretty cynical before I went to one of her revivals... You could feel the electricity when she spoke. People were crying -- including me."
Two newspaper cuttings (only titles seen):
FORMER UPRISING CHURCH PASTOR FOUNDS HAVEN POINT
HAVEN POINT CHURCH GAINS IN POPULARITY
Life is Strange 2 Locations
|Seattle||Diaz Household (Sean's Room · Daniel's Room · Garage) · Peacock High School · Z-Mart · The Late Bar|
|Pierce County||Mount Rainier National Park · Bear Station · Brody's Car|
|Beaver Creek||Eriksen Household (Tree House · Bathroom) · Charles' Truck · Reynolds Household (Guest Room · Main Bedroom · Karen's Room) · Christmas Market|
|Other||Otter Point · Beach · Three Seals Motel · Willamette National Forest (Old House)|
|Humboldt County||Camp (Diaz Tent · Finn's Tent · Cassidy's Tent · Hannah's Tent · Jacob's Tent · Penny's Tent · Ingrid and Anders' Tent · Parking Lot) · Lake · Pot Farm (Merrill's House)|
|Redding||Sacred Hope Hospital|
|Haven Point||Universal Uprising Church · Lisbeth's House|
|Other||Desert · Sand Snake Motel|
|Other||Canyon · El Rey Police Department|